What Help Might Be Available To Me?
Funeral Expenses Payment
If you receive certain benefits, you may be able to apply for a Funeral Expenses Payment from the Department for Work & Pensions (D.W.P).
For further information, or to see if you may be eligible for support, please click the link below:
It is important to note that the Funeral Expenses Payment will not cover the entire funeral costs, and any shortfall will need to be funded from elsewhere.
What will you receive?
- Burial fees for a particular plot.
- Cremation fees, including any doctor’s fees.
- Travel expenses to either arrange the funeral, or attend the funeral.
- The cost of moving your loved one within the UK, should this exceed 50 miles.
- Death certificates or other documents.
- Up to £1,000 towards other funeral costs such as the funeral directors fees, flowers, coffin etc.
- If a pre-paid plan is in place, up to £120 may be awarded to cover any items not covered by the plan.